Community Housing Solutions (CHS) provides home repairs to qualifying families who are
owner-occupants of Guilford County homes and are below specific income levels.
What makes a property and a home owner eligible?
To be eligible, properties must:
- Be located within Guilford County.
- Have all property taxes paid in full and current.
- Have a clean title and be owner-occupied at both the time of application and throughout the repair process.
- Have an after-repair property tax value (building plus land) of $120,000 or less.
- Not be in danger of a foreclosure process.
- Have repair needs not exceeding $20,000 in estimated costs.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Own and occupy the home and property as their primary residence.
- Not have received a home repair though CHS’ programs in the last 12 months and not have exceeded CHS’ repair program limits in the past.
- Have limited means to accomplish the repairs on their own.
- Have a total household income which does not exceed 80% of the current Guilford County Area Median Income (AMI) for household size as determined by Housing and Urban Development (HUD) (see 2016 income limits and determination of income below).
0%Income Limits by Household Size
CHS’ Home Repair Committee will review and approve qualified homeowner applications before repair work begins. The committee will forward a summary of their actions to the Board of Directors for review.
Get in touch
Please call our office at 336-676-6986 if you think that you are eligible and would like to complete an application for a home repair.